For many years I answered 1,000s of emails. But, my family is growing and life has become busy. Now, I am not able to answer questions by email, please join the Camino de Santiago forum where you will find a great community all too willing to help. I also send a newsletter each week with a mixture of Camino information, hiking gear reviews, and other hiking routes.
Write for Us
I absolutely accept very well written guest posts. But, I find that most people that contact me expect me to publish garbage on my this my most favourite website that I started in 2006.
I think we are the busiest website on the Camino de Santiago in English, currently, about 80,000 visitors per month averaged over the year.
I have two sections for guest articles/ posts. The main site is for all things Camino de Santiago and I would love to hear about your experiences, any changes in your life as the result of the Camino, and any experiences that you think would be good for others to know about. Trip reports would be great.
My website has been expanding over the last couple of years to cover other topics that I find interesting, for example, the West Highland Way and other long-distance routes. The following is an example of areas that I am willing to publish posts about.
- gear reviews, hiking or camping
- trip reports and route descriptions for hikes in the UK, Ireland and the US
- I am open to almost anything about Scotland and Spain
- General travel/hiking guides, planning, and what you should know type posts
A Few Simple Rules
- The content must be your own and original – it cannot be published elsewhere, whenever content ends up being duplicated I just delete the post from my site.
- The length of the article should be at least 1,000 words, often they need to be more to fully cover a topic
- We will link to your site or blog but it must be relevant – no exact match anchors.
- Photos are helpful and you must have full permission to use them.
- I expect you to answer any comments.
- The post must target keywords. If after a year a post is not useful to users then I usually just delete it. This is measured by analytics.
- I expect you to share your post on your social channels.
That’s it, fairly easy. Thanks.
Contact me, Leslie, at caminoadventures [at] gmail.com – Please let me know exactly what you are looking for in the first emaill to save us both time.