- 1 Reviews for Hiking Rain Poncho
- 1.1 Outdoor Products Backpacker Poncho
- 1.2 Pros
- 1.3 Cons
- 1.4 Adventure World Lightweight Backpack Poncho
- 1.5 Pros
- 1.6 Cons
- 1.7 Winis Multifunctional Outdoor Rain Poncho Backpack Rain Cover
- 1.8 Pro
- 1.9 Cons
- 1.10 Tsonmall Rain Poncho – Hiking Pack Cover Waterproof Raincoat
- 1.11 Pros
- 1.12 Cons
- 1.13 Foxelli Hooded Rain Poncho
- 1.14 Pros
- 1.15 Cons
- 1.16 Rain Hiking Poncho, Sotical Veamor 3 in 1 Multifunctional
- 1.17 Pros
- 1.18 Cons
- 1.19 Terra Hiking Poncho
- 1.20 Pros
- 1.21 Cons
- 1.22 Frogg Toggs Ultra-Lite Rain Poncho
- 1.23 Pros
- 1.24 Cons
- 1.25 Anyoo Waterproof Military Poncho Waterproof Lightweight
- 1.26 Pros
- 1.27 Cons
- 1.28 Hikevalley Poncho Waterproof Lightweight 3 in 1 Raincoat Blanket with Hood
- 1.29 Pros
- 1.30 Cons
- 2 Best Rain Poncho Buying Guide
When you’re out hiking or backpacking, you need to make sure you’re prepared for all types of weather. When it begins to rain, you need to know that you’re not going to get soaked through. You need the best rain poncho that’s going to work well for you no matter how much it’s pouring down, ensuring you can carry on with your day.
If you are short of time or just don’t want to read all the reviews, I suggest that Adventure World has a great rain poncho as it is light, won’t be so much like a tent and it has a peaked hood.
You are not going to have your umbrella with you out on a hike, stay warm, and stay dry by having great waterproofs. Below you will find a guide that will help you decide which rain poncho is the best for you based on its features, materials, and style. Here we review which is best a rain jacket or poncho.
Reviews for Hiking Rain Poncho
Outdoor Products Backpacker Poncho
The Outdoor Products Backpacker Poncho is available in 2 colors and is very lightweight. With its ability to cover you and your backpack, it can keep everything, even the largest backpack, dry. The urethane-coated material is watertight, ensuring no water gets through.
Complete with rust-resistant snaps at the side and the wrists, you can make this poncho fit quite well. The nylon web-tie cords are ideal if you wish to use the poncho as a tarp or a rainfly. The tarp measures 85 x 53 inches, making it a good size for most wearers.
- Ideal for backpackers
- Keeps your backpack dry
- It’s watertight
- Lightweight at just 12 ounces
- Can be used as a tarp
- Made from strong urethane-coated nylon
- Can be used in a hurry
- Better fit, thanks to the rust-resistant snaps
- Comes with a 1-year limited warranty
- The sleeves are not very long, so your arms could get wet
- The poncho will only keep the tops of your legs dry
- Lack of ventilation around the neck
- It’s quite bulky
- It is not breathable
Adventure World Lightweight Backpack Poncho
The Adventure World Lightweight Backpack Poncho is ideal for those who have large backpacks, (see how to pick a backpack). With its ability to protect the wearer from rain and wind, this poncho is waterproof and made from Terylene. Complete with a drawstring hood, it’s relatively easy to make the hood fit well. The peak on the top of the hood ensures your face does not get too wet.
The zip neck is an added feature that many people will appreciate, helping to keep the wind and rain out even more. Measuring 6.3 x 4 inches when it’s folded up, this poncho comes with a button that ensures you can button the back up easily if you don’t have a backpack.
- Lightweight at just 0.77 pounds
- Ideal for those who have a large backpack
- Made from Terylene to ensure it’s very waterproof
- The hood comes with a peak to ensure rain is kept off your face
- There’s a zip neck to keep the rain and wind off even more
- It’s not breathable as there is no ventilation
- You have no access to your backpack when wearing the poncho
- The sleeves only keep the top of your arms dry
- Needs to be pulled on over the head
Winis Multifunctional Outdoor Rain Poncho Backpack Rain Cover
The Winis Multifunctional Outdoor Rain Poncho Backpack Rain Cover is available in 2 different colors and is made from tear-resistant 210T polyester cloth. Capable of withstanding 3,000 mm of water pressure, this poncho also comes with grommets that allow users to turn the poncho into a mini storage bag.
The Velcro straps can help protect against the wind and the whole poncho only weighs 0.57 pounds.
- It’s large enough to keep your backpack dry
- Can be used when you’re riding a bicycle
- Can also be used as a tarpaulin, tent, or mat
- Has tear-resistant fabric
- Can easily be turned into a mini storage bag
- The hood may not be the right size for everyone
- The Velcro straps are not very strong
- The material is a little thin
Tsonmall Rain Poncho – Hiking Pack Cover Waterproof Raincoat
The Tsonmall Rain Poncho – Hiking Pack Cover Waterproof Raincoat can be used as a tarp or a rain cover thanks to its shape. Ideal for hiking and backpacking as well as fishing and traveling, this poncho is available in red or blue. With the ability to cover a backpack and keep it dry, this poncho also has a drawstring hood.
Lightweight and complete with 4 grommets so you can turn the poncho into a tarp should you need to, it comes with a mini storage bag. It is made from 210T polyester cloth.
- Ideal for use as a tarp, poncho, or rain cover
- Ideal for all kinds of activities
- Comes with a drawstring hood
- Lightweight and weighs just 9.17 ounces
- It’s very thin
- Might be a bit too long for those who aren’t very tall
Foxelli Hooded Rain Poncho
The Foxelli Hooded Rain Poncho is available in 7 different colors and comes with a peak on the hood to keep the rain off your face. Made from 210T high-density coated polyester, this poncho is ideal for use in heavy wind and rain.
With a built-in cord near the hood, you can adjust it so that the hood fits well, making it ideal for almost everyone. Ideal for those who wear a 50-liter backpack this poncho will not restrict any movement. With the ability to be used as a sun shade, a mat, or a blanker, the Foxelli poncho may be a little too big for those under 6 feet tall.
- Has a peaked hood
- Made from high-density fabric
- Good quality
- Has a built-in cord
- Thin material
Rain Hiking Poncho, Sotical Veamor 3 in 1 Multifunctional
The Rain Poncho, Sotical Veamor 3 in 1 Multifunctional can be used as a canopy, a raincoat, or a mat and is ideal for backpacking, hiking, and camping. With its ability to protect you from the wind, rain, and sunshine, this poncho is very durable.
Complete with a storage bag, the poncho is lightweight and comes with a drawstring collar. With its 4 eyelets, you can nail the poncho down and use it as a mat if you wish.
- Multifunctional use
- Ideal for backpacking and hiking
- Comes with a storage bag
- Comes with pockets
- Has eyelets for convenience
- Doesn’t have enough Velcro to keep it closed
Terra Hiking Poncho
The Terra Hiker Rain Poncho is available in 3 different colors and is ideal for use when you’re hiking, fishing, and mountaineering. Made from PU3000MM waterproof fabric and with protected seams, this poncho is made to last. With its ability to keep the wearer and a 60-liter backpack dry, this poncho has eyelets to ensure it can be fastened to the ground and used as a tent.
- Available in 3 colors
- Made from waterproof fabric
- Ideal for a range of activities
- Can keep a 60L backpack dry
- Comes with eyelets
- Slight peak on the hood
- Not long enough to cover the knees
- A little too big for some
Frogg Toggs Ultra-Lite Rain Poncho
The Frogg Toggs Ultra-Lite Poncho comes in 4 different colors and is made from 100% polypropylene. Measuring 54 x 40 inches, the poncho is not made to cover backpacks. The drawstrings ensure the wearer can make the hood fit and keep the rain out.
Ultralight and available in one size, this poncho is very waterproof.
- Comes with drawstrings
- Very waterproof
- Has button-up sides
- Available in 4 different colors
- Not ideal for covering backpacks
- Thin material
Anyoo Waterproof Military Poncho Waterproof Lightweight
The Anyoo Waterproof Military Rain Poncho Waterproof Lightweight is available in many different colors and is made from polyester. Unisex and complete with a cord adjuster, you can pull the hood as tight or loose as you wish. The hood has been glued to the rest of the poncho to ensure it stays firmly in place.
Measuring 55 x 86 inches, it’s large enough to cover you and your backpack too. The side fasteners ensure you can keep your sides dry and as it weighs just 9 ounces, you won’t be burdened by its weight. Ideal for use as a groundsheet or shelter, this poncho has eyelets that allow you to secure it to the ground or anywhere you please.
- Lightweight, weighing 9 ounces
- Ideal if you’re hiking with a backpack
- Comes with side fasteners
- Keeps your sides dry
- The hood’s material is quite thin
- Could be more waterproof
- The hat may fall down
- The hat’s visor gets creased easily
Hikevalley Poncho Waterproof Lightweight 3 in 1 Raincoat Blanket with Hood
The Hikevalley Rain Poncho Waterproof Lightweight 3 in 1 Raincoat Blanket with Hood is made from high-density ripstop nylon which makes the seams stronger. The waterproof fabric, which measures 85.8 x 54.6 inches. is large enough to cover most adults. Complete with a hood that can be adjusted with a cord, it can keep your face dry.
Lightweight and with the ability to protect you from UV rays in addition to snow and rain, this poncho can also be used as a mat when you’re out camping. Thickened eyelets ensure the cord does not affect the fabric and the rip-resistant material is hard-wearing.
- Lightweight at just 270 grams
- Large enough to cover most adults
- Can be used as a mat or a rain shelter
- Protects wearers from rain and snow
- Can be used as a form of UV ray protection
- Has thickened eyelets
- Rip-resistant material
- The hood may not be the right size for everyone
- It doesn’t come with pockets
- Might be too large for some
Best Rain Poncho Buying Guide
I hope you have managed to find a poncho you like the look of. There are many different ponchos out there, however, I think the above 10 are some of the best on the market and I think you will too. Happy shopping. See here for my full hiking packing list.
The sun does not always shine, be prepared, stay dry.
I love hiking. From the Camino de Santiago to the West Highland Way in Scotland or simply a great day hike on the weekend. Hiking refreshes me, my mind, and keeps my body reasonably fit. So far I have walked three Camino routes and many other long distance hikes in the UK, Canada, and around the rest of Europe. One of the best was my hike up Ben Nevis.