- 1 Anna
- 1.1 Recent Blog Posts
- 1.2 Best Backpack With Detachable Daypack
- 1.3 Do Crocs Run Big?
- 1.4 Hiking Shoes vs Hiking Boots
- 1.5 Carbon Fiber vs Aluminum Trekking Poles
- 1.6 Osprey vs CamelBak
- 1.7 Best Hiking Movies
- 1.8 North Face Resolve vs Venture Rain Jacket
- 1.9 Columbia vs North Face Winter Jackets
- 1.10 Salomon vs North Face Hiking Shoes
- 1.11 Best Movies About the Camino de Santiago
- 1.12 Why do People Hike? 12 Reasons to Start Hiking
- 1.13 Buen Camino! by Natasha & Peter Murtagh – Book Review
My name is Leslie and I started this site in Feb 2006 while I was recovering from an operation, and at the time and could not get out very much. I had just finished walking the Camino Frances in a bit of pain with a hernia; I only discovered this while walking, painkillers are great they helped me to finish in Santiago. Anyway while recovering I awoke one morning and decided I should know how to build a website – so I built this one on the Camino.
Since then the site has grown and I don’t do everything on the site myself any more. Anna checks my text, spelling mostly, Nora – a big thanks for all the recent photos, I could not run the Camino forum without the moderators they are a great, and they help keep the forum spam free and answer the many questions that get posted every day, a big thanks to the Spanish Tourist Office for all the extra research information they send me, and to the many who have sent me books, CD’s, postcards, and various updates by post and email.
I have been lucky this site has kept the Camino alive in my heart.
I met Leslie in 2005 while walking the Camino Frances – he was likely the grumpiest pilgrim that I met. Many years later and one five year old boy – we are still going strong.
Like others, the Camino came at an inflection point in my life. I was unhappy with my choice of study and wanted to take time out to consider my options.
That resulted in meeting Leslie, a change of country and a change of study and eventually a new career that I love.